LNF into a base model 2.2?

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Humor me guys, I've been through alot and if there is anyway to have me driving an LNF again I'm going to search for it. Since my entire engine bay ect should be intact and the engine SHOULD run again, could it be swapped to a 2.2L base cobalt/pursuit/ion/g5? How easy of a swap? Ideally I have all the parts required for such a swap but this idea could be flawed and I'd like to know how if that's the case. I know I can pick up a really cheep 2.2 in running condition even non-running condition and then my hope is an LNF transplant along with suspension and brakes and lol sry guys if this works I'm keepin the front ss/tc seats, tho the retrofits will be for sale shortly. And of course I'd be trying to do a hub swap if possible to accommodate the brakes and rims.

It's an ambitious project but if I can pull it off I will still have the heart and soul of Torque Monkey :)

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
you would need the fuel pump as well......it can be done but would take alot of work and probably alot of tuning to get the LNF ECU to work properly in the LS.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
you would need the fuel pump as well(probably wrecked so i'd have to replace it)......it can be done but would take alot of work and probably alot of tuning to get the LNF ECU to work properly in the LS.

i expected trouble with the ECU end and the mounts too, what if i literally pulled all the wiring from the LNF and put it into the LS after pulling out all the LS wiring?

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
that would work.Someone on .NET swapped the whole LNF and wiring into there SS/SC.He said it was a dick load of work but he got something unique out of it

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
that would work.Someone on .NET swapped the whole LNF and wiring into there SS/SC.He said it was a dick load of work but he got something unique out of it

well, at this point it's either try to sell the parts off the cobalt to help pay down the debt from it or else just keeping making payments and do the transplant.......lotta work yea but I think the potential is there, maybe "crusin" could help me.......i guess i should PM him now

They call me godly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea, it would be alot of work, but well worth it I believe.

You could also consider putting the motor onto a go-kart chasis :O They make some go-karts witht he LSJ engine and those things are crazy haha

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you were to do it i would use the entire wiring system from the ss and shove it into the LS. I think it shouldn't be that bad just remember how you took it out and where it goes back in.

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
^ exactly What I would do is label everything on the LNF harness that way you would know what went where

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie