Looking for a new tune this summer

07cobaltsssc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now i just have a tune from ottperformance and i want something that is better then that. Im trying to think of what good tunes are out there but i really have no clue. Could you guys give me a hand/ideas on a really good tune for this coming summer? If you could that would be greatly appreciated!

07cobaltsssc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright ill look into both of them

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Or should i take it to a performance shop and have them build me a tune?

Spacey_stacey75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get mine tuned now that I have headers and wide open air flow, We have one shop here that does it, I think.
How much does it usually cost to get the car tuned, and run on a dyno.

07cobaltsssc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah alright sweet, yeah i was looking into both of them last night and i was really liking the trifecta tune for this summer and it looks pretty simple to do too.

07cobaltsssc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just recently bought the VCM suite from hp tuners and cant wait to start tuning my car, which will be really soon!

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know nothing about the tuning programs for cars, but have done my pc5 for my raptor. It was a p.i.t.a. It is very close to a car setup, i imagine, since it adjusts every 500rpm with every 5% throttle, except the first 20 which was every 2.5%. I had to rig the handheld afr up to it while i Put a load on the engine. Talk about seat of the pants dyno huh? Lol

If you can adjust otf with a laptop, and an afr gauge it should be pretty simple. Not immediate, but easy once you get moving. Just guess rich to be safe. But again idk how the program actually works.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noland1953