looking to purchase new radio

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I currently have a pioneer deh-p680mp (with ipod hookup) and the knob fell off after having it for 3 years so I'm looking to upgrade it. Here is my current setup.

pioneer radio
infinity kappa component speakers in door/rear
hiphonics zeux 5 channel amp
10" pioneer subwoofer - (300 watts)

I am looking for something that supports ipod and also built in blue-tooth. I am thinking jvc kd-900, JVC KD-R820BT or Kenwood KDC-BT848U. Just wanted to see what people are suggesting.

thanks

Last edited:

Jmesl8er

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I currently have a pioneer deh-p680mp (with ipod hookup) and the knob fell off after having it for 3 years so I'm looking to upgrade it. Here is my current setup.

pioneer radio
infinity kappa component speakers in door/rear
hiphonics zeux 5 channel amp
10" pioneer subwoofer - (300 watts)

I am looking for something that supports ipod and also built in blue-tooth. I am thinking jvc kd-900, JVC KD-R820BT or Kenwood KDC-BT848U. Just wanted to see what people are suggesting.

thanks

My alpine supports my ipod and bluetooth. plus you can control the ipod thru the stereo

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My alpine supports my ipod and bluetooth. plus you can control the ipod thru the stereo

yeah im going to go with the Kenwood KDC-BT848U. Ive had good luck always with kenwood and it has the amp preouts for my system. Still not sure the difference between 2v and 5v though like JVC offers.

Jmesl8er

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah im going to go with the Kenwood KDC-BT848U. Ive had good luck always with kenwood and it has the amp preouts for my system. Still not sure the difference between 2v and 5v though like JVC offers.

Thats the constant power going to your amp, the more volts the better. Makes your amp more efficient

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the jvc kd-900 has a 5v output level but really would that make a difference over my setup. I guarantee my current pioneer is 2.5v and it sounds great. Alot of people cant believe i only have 1 10" subwoofer. I haven't really heard much of jvc so im not sure how the quality is on there products. I also see this Kenwood Excelon KDC-X895 but no rear usb. Also, what model is your alpine? Is it a newer one.

Last edited:

Jmesl8er

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the jvc kd-900 has a 5v output level but really would that make a difference over my setup. I guarantee my current pioneer is 2.5v and it sounds great. Alot of people cant believe i only have 1 10" subwoofer. I haven't really heard much of jvc so im not sure how the quality is on there products. I also see this Kenwood Excelon KDC-X895 but no rear usb. Also, what model is your alpine? Is it a newer one.

JVC is good stuff. 5v preout is excellent. Most people have to buy a line driver to get that kind of output. Got pics of mine on here and photobucket, just do a search for "jmesl8er"

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JVC is good stuff. 5v preout is excellent. Most people have to buy a line driver to get that kind of output. Got pics of mine on here and photobucket, just do a search for "jmesl8er"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X895 - this one is 4v so i may go with this actually.

Jmesl8er

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JVC make a badass double din for less than 300

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Jmesl8er

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JVC KW-XR610 Double-DIN USB/CD Receiver w/ Front AUX