Low Oil pressure

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which you would. pull your tb and all that and make sure there is no massive amounts of oil in there, a little bit is normal. if there is massive amounts of oil in the manifold then simply get an oil catch can and that should solve your problem.

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
of the smoke? i can try i suppose...sunday would be soonest day for that

only reason i say no to oil in intake and mani is cause i have see through blue tubing for the catch can and nothing there or in the catch can that i can tell...

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

which you would. pull your tb and all that and make sure there is no massive amounts of oil in there, a little bit is normal. if there is massive amounts of oil in the manifold then simply get an oil catch can and that should solve your problem.
already have one haha, forgot to mention that, sorry lol

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm. pull your spark plugs and shine a flashlight in the spark plug gally and look at the top of your pistons. is there oil residue on them. mine at the moment are so clean that i can still see the p/n stamped into the top of the cylinder :)

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ill look, but i know when i had the head off they had black on them...like just char type stuff...

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya mine are a nice gold color. i got about 58,000km on them a fair amount of racing and aggressive street driving. running 91 octane and a fuel system cleaner once a year.

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
this is what the old head looked like:
2009_0331engine_rebuild0009.jpg

and here is what the block and pistons looked like before cams and all were installed...:
2009_0331engine_rebuild0005.jpg

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya see the black means you were burning either a lil rich or a lil oil i can't remember, white means burning coolant. the brownish gold color is where you want to be at

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ya see the black means you were burning either a lil rich or a lil oil i can't remember, white means burning coolant. the brownish gold color is where you want to be at
it was probly from when we were miss timed and trying to start it....it backfired from fuel in the cyll a few times, but its run fine since...
although looking at those would not do good cause everhting was installed to them like that....

what could i look or on the plugs

and btw, i know im running a tiny bit rich right now...

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
new filter in, didnt drive enough to be 100% sure, but it looks like the oil pressure is a lil bit better...will find out later today if im fixed or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson