Low Oil pressure

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if you pull your plugs and look in the holes you can see the top of your cylinders. and when you took your filter out, on the bottom where it goes to a point there is a green o-ring, was the entire o-ring there or only half of it?

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
well if you pull your plugs and look in the holes you can see the top of your cylinders. and when you took your filter out, on the bottom where it goes to a point there is a green o-ring, was the entire o-ring there or only half of it?
ill have to check, its in the garbage at home...but i didnt check on the last one (changed it about a week ago)...

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes a big problem. to get it, it requires you to tear apart the motor and find it and remove it. but leave that as a last resort. do your leak down test first and all the other stuff first before you go tearing apart your engine.

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
pulled intake yest and no oil or much residue if at all on the tb, did a compression test, all tested each twice and across the board i got 216-219psi...no more then 3 psi variance between cyl, although when i pulled the plugs i found oil had pushed up around the threads and had some on where the plug seats...and you could def tell by looking at the cyl head its been burning (black ontop). Top of spark plugs was grayish white

im thinking leak down, as this would give full compression still, but leg oil leak onto the valves and into the cyl while keeping compression

but my thought is that wouldnt effect oil pressure ya?? cause that would come from right under the vavle cover, by the cams??? and that area is actually under a bit of a vaccum cause of the vent to the intake??? or am i incorrect there...

anywho...thats what im thinking cause if it were piston rings i should show low compression and i dont, and really only other 2 things are pushing oil into intake (not happening) or past valve seals...

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie