LS1 still running lean

Tyrone Biggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the car on the dyno a month ago, and put down an impressing 363hp and 395 tq. But it was running really lean. I have HP tuners, and have been trying to figure out how to adjust the AF ratio. I deleted the smog pump and that helped a bunch, but its still running low. Does anyone have any ideas?

Cruisn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dial it in through power enrichment settings. set the enrich rate to 2.0 so its super quick, and in the demended a/f table figure out your settings, I ran 13.1:1 which is 14.7/13.1 = 1.12

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

send me a copy of your file if you want. what are you running for hptuners? 2.22 or beta 2.23?? I dont have 2.23

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the car on the dyno a month ago, and put down an impressing 363hp and 395 tq. But it was running really lean. I have HP tuners, and have been trying to figure out how to adjust the AF ratio. I deleted the smog pump and that helped a bunch, but its still running low. Does anyone have any ideas?

in the P.E. table. whatever your afr stoich is set to you go in the P.E. Table and take your stoich afr and divide it by whatever number is in the set rpm and then figure out what the car is running during WOT. then adjust and make the numbers lower and keep repeating the steps. If the car isn't dialed in properly that's a huge problem too.

if you want you can pm me and i can get 04redline aka shaun mcdonald to help you tune the car. he can tune through the internet and his rates are very very cheap. he tunes a bunch of lsj cars. swapped turbo cars and everything under the sun. i've been tuned by him and he is an awesome guy to work with.

your car would be a lot faster. just him messing with the car and dailing it in properly even on low timing it would feel faster than what your car feels like now. i gaurentee you that and if you logged in hp tuners how long it takes you to go from 40-80mph or a roll run and then let him tune you and then data log the new tune 40-80mph you would be a faster and you would even feel the difference. i would honestly pay for him to tune you if your numbers didn't drop in a roll run or your dyno #'s didn't increase.

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^nothing like a good bump for your answer :lol:

yeah shaun is like really really good. i've already tuned a couple cars around my car with the help of shaun. more like used my hp tuners box and laptop and then he tuned it using my laptop. he is an awesome guy to work with and i've had tune time performance tune my car and i tuned my car myself which was a lot better than them and then had shaun re-tune it ontop of them and re-tune my maf and everything and noticed gains even ontop of what i tried to do which was even better than tune time performance and then once he finished up with my car it blew away tune time's tune and my tune by far.

big props to him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson