LSJ Brake rotor/pad replacement suggestions

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
A buddy of mine has an ss/sc and is in need of new front rotors/pads, and new rear pads. I have not done very much research into brakes yet, cost effective is the key point as he will be selling the ss/sc for a truck soon. What do you suggest?

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
www.r1concepts.com. they gave me 4 cross drilled slotted premium usa made rotors and all 4 sets hawk hps pads for 400 shipped. they're still mint after 30k miles and the pads are at 50%. you can still see the non directional finish on the rotors. not freakin bad if you ask me.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
www.r1concepts.com. they gave me 4 cross drilled slotted premium usa made rotors and all 4 sets hawk hps pads for 400 shipped. they're still mint after 30k miles and the pads are at 50%. you can still see the non directional finish on the rotors. not freakin bad if you ask me.

it's funny, i actually bought a set for my last car from R1, never any issues with them but i got the balt shortly after so no idea about how long they would last. I might suggest them to my friend.

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy had his factory stuff last to 93,000miles. GM knows what's up.

Slotted will just eat your pads faster unless you're at the track everyday. even then, not necessary.

Going economical, Autozone special on the rotors, decent Hawk pads.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
My buddy had his factory stuff last to 93,000miles. GM knows what's up.

Slotted will just eat your pads faster unless you're at the track everyday. even then, not necessary.

Go economical, Autozone special on the rotors, decent Hawk pads.

u sure about the rotors? I just want to make sure they'll last up till next winter if needed cause he might not sell it until then. The guy hasn't made up his mind yet, he goes back and fourth back and fourth back and fourth trying to decided what he wants.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends where the metal is from really. i should take a pic of those cobalt rotors on the shelf in parts it says made in china right on the box lol

Rbbowmaster

Reaction score
Have read that slotted rotors are designed to de-glaze brake pads for race applications. Now they market the slotted as keeping the pads even. Plan to replace pads and rotors soon. Want cross drilled but only found one set that aren't the drilled/slotted combo. Why are they doing this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie