Motor Mounts

cantgoright

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at changing my mounts but haven't had any luck in finding anything other that the passenger side mount that sits above the engine. Does anyone have any information as far as this goes? I've already found inserts for my transmission.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a grand total of 4 mounts for your engine/transmission, 1 large passenger side that you pointed out, the 2 transmission mounts that you say you already found inserts for and 1 just below the fuse box in the frame rail that nobody makes an insert for.

What information exactly were you looking for?

cantgoright

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty much what you just told me. would it not be wise of me to change the transmission ones and the passenger side one, and leave the other one alone?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I dont see that passenger mount as dealing with much of the tq as the transmission mounts do. So do the transmission mounts if you feel the need to and see how it is, if you think you want more vibrations do the passenger motor mount.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Transmission is attached to the engine more securely than a motor mount, they act as one unit. Look at where the transmission mounts are and think about the rotational forces when you hit the gas and figure out yourself what would be the best course of action.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais