My nitrous opinion

Danny2.2

Reaction score
Okay , after 3 years on a zex 75 shot wet I regret going the way of N20 !!! Listen at first it's awesome . Lots of new whp , new bragging rights , and at first it's cheap . Plus I haven't blow anything on my Ls so my car at least is solid with this setup . To tell you the truth though , I wouldn't do it again . Every time I go through a bottle it's 50 bucks for a fill and 25 for new spark plugs ! Not to mention it's illegal to drive around with . Anyway for three years every couple of months I refill the bottle and replace the plugs .( I do a lot of street racing ) So far the math puts me at 2700 dollars to date .Not including the zex system that was around 400 bucks . I'm really pist at myself now ! That's my turbo or supercharger setup rite there . Not to mention it's legal so I'm not sweating when a cop is behind me and the power is always on demand . None of that , wait I gotta go get my bottle . So to those thinking it's cheaper to do nitrous take my experience into consideration . Ps sorry if I started this thread in the wrong category . :think:

Last edited:

Revenant_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why baby gas is the last thing on the list. Build your engine. If that's not enough then add forced induction. Then if you need more, add a baby gas system.

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe stop street racing?

ive been turboed for almost a yr now. i dont even get into boost much of the time that i drive..i never get challenged to races anyway.. keep it on the track and u mighta spent alot less.

Danny2.2

Reaction score
It's kinda hard not to race when you live in a state that hundreds and hundreds of racers gather every weekend and no track in my state . I live in Ct so racers come from New York and Mass to duke it out . If you lived here you'd get challenged on your way to get a gallon of milk .

Robinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesnt mean you have to accept it and run the risk of bad shit happening.

Danny2.2

Reaction score
Doesnt mean you have to accept it and run the risk of bad shit happening.

This is very true . However adrenaline is very addictive . Either way at this point I'm mostly a spectator . The cars running now have evolved way beyond my ability to hang with . Plus I put this up for those thinking of going the way of n20 . Just a little more info for them to take into consideration when making a decision of what power adder to go with . As far as the racing , that's just me . I would go to a track if Ct had one but they don't get caught pay a fine that's it for now . I'm sure they will start impounding sooner or later .

06ion2coup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is very true . However adrenaline is very addictive . Either way at this point I'm mostly a spectator . The cars running now have evolved way beyond my ability to hang with . Plus I put this up for those thinking of going the way of n20 . Just a little more info for them to take into consideration when making a decision of what power adder to go with . As far as the racing , that's just me . I would go to a track if Ct had one but they don't get caught pay a fine that's it for now . I'm sure they will start impounding sooner or later .

for nitrous? they impound ur cars?! jeez this is just another example of why FI is better lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie