Natural Aspiration

CDN_cobalt

Reaction score
well im kinda new to the car modding (i have always done up diesel trucks)...i am trying to decide what to do..Turbo, SuperCharger, or good old N.A.

what are some of the biggest H.P. and FT. LBS numbers that you guys have seen for Naturally aspirated 2.2L cobalts?

also what are the good mods to do for N.A.

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not many high HP NA cars. Highest i've seen was with headwork and cams, only about 185ish.

Go FI.

CDN_cobalt

Reaction score
now for me this is my daily driver/ family car so i basically wanna do mods that are mostly bolt on can a guy just go to a 2008 turboed ss and unbolt the entire turbo setup and bolt it onto my 07 2.2L or is there alot of extensive mods to do?

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
it'll work but you would need tuning obviously and would need the oil feed fitting and drill/tap out the drain fitting as well

ABHELLRAZOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say get the m62 supercharger set up from the LSJ from the older SS' and a solid tune.
as far as NA goes you won't see anything too impressive even with high compression pistons.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't think anyone's tried to do high compression and itb's etc. it's kind of a shame that you guys are so quick to knock on n/a.

OmegaTSK-034.jpg

this is a 1.6l that puts out 240hp
it probably revs to 10 grand
it probably whoops 400+ boosted cars
it's not good for a drag strip but something like that is very fun to drive. itb's are carbs and high compression requires race fuel so it's not a dd type of thing.

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and this is why i will be doing all n/a when i finally start my build. too many people doing FI. i want to see how far i can push the 2.4L. also it helps that i do all my own work, have friends that are GM mechanics and know people in machine shops as well.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais