need help choosing an intake.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Is an intake from auto zone bad for your engine? My friend said its not but I don't believe him. He also said I could turbo my car with out forged internales. He new a kid that did this to a civic and it worked.

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you do it right the intake should be ok. The throttle body connection needs better sealing, but some gasket maker around it would work ok for the 3" 90° bend. Idk how anyone else did it, but it may be better than the gasket maker i did. Just watch the second plug that doesn't connect to the valve cover breather. It isn't very tight and i would be skeptical to just leave it the way it is. I used a little silicone to seal it better, and some electrical tape for extra insurance. Its underneath so you can't see the redneck fix i did on mine. Lol

2006 Racebalt

Reaction score
really, the only thing to an intake is cotton cloth. so it doesnt really matter. as far as the turbo goes, yes you can, but you would be running psi so low, it wouldnt even really make a difference. even if you did, the getrag 5 speed is only rated for 175 ft. lbs of torque and the auto is probably less than that, so you might as well leave your upgrading to bolt ons. unless you want to spend some thousands on a turbo set up, the forged internals, and a built transmission.

jonny_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cotton cloth isnt an intake. That the filter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso