Need help deciding which truck to Tow my Balt with

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Well, the Cobalt is parked and of the street permanently, next I need to acquire a new truck during a 0% financing sale........but which truck?? My needs are specifically towing my Cobalt on a trailer to track events and of course it will then become my daily driver so MPG is high my list.

Here are my thoughts so far:

2010 Ford Ranger 4x4 V6 4.0L Automatic(comes with auxiliary trans cooler) towing capacity is rated at 5000lbs with tow package

2010 Ford F150 Bare bones bottom end model 4X2 with tow package also rated about 5000lbs

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 bare bones bottom end model 4x2 but with the V8Hemi and 5spd auto and tow package

2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 bare bones bottome end model 4x2 but with the V8 Flexfuel engine and tow package(I have a friend who works in sales for a GM dealership locally so I might be able to get the best deal on this truck)

The Dodge Dakota and Chevy Colorado didn't make the cut because they are overpriced.......I won't even tempt fate by using a import truck, once again, price, and lack of experience with trucks. The Ford Ranger seems to be the best deal pricewise but since starting my research into towing it seems the V6's are generally frowned upon and the V8's have gotten all the praise........has all that praise been earned? Is all the negative toward the V6's really that bad? I have much research to continue doing and greatly appreciate any opinions and information you could lend to my discussion so that I may get the best possible truck for the best possible price. FYI, i will not get a used truck and that door has been closed, locked, deadbolted, and then welded shut for discussion so pls do not bring it up.

utsadude

Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are right, The Colorado is an overpriced truck.

Why pay that much for it when you can get a bigger truck for the same price/fuel economy?

Anyway, go with the Silverado. I love the new ones.

09kobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RAMBOX woot i love all the dodge truck but the new ones are awesme

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my dad has always had work trucks. that being said he has had problems with ford front ends and dodge transmissions so he has driven chevy for the last 10 yrs

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Dodge transmissions I agree are a weakpoint and always have been, the Ford front end I am unsure which problems he had but I know the new Fords are way above their previous models and Ford took the bar and raised it above the other 2 domestics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie