Need Suggestions on 09yellow

Brit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 09 Yellow cobalt and have not done anything to it yet. All stock. So Does anyone have any ideas how to make it look sick? anything you would have done to yours? Im a girl. Therefore i dont know much about performance but im down for some mods on the exterior and interior.

darklink991

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can tint your windows. Coupe or sedan by the way? So tinting, you can fog your taillights if you want, you can either crack your headlights and paint them black or go a few steps farther and do a retrofit. Rims tires. A ground effects body kit. If you are going for yellow and black tinting everything, lowering it, with new rims, and black out your bowties.

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since you live in texas i strongly suggest window tint. I lived there i know how it is to get into a hot car on a hot texas summer!

Brit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea darklink, its a coupe and the windows are tinted.. not even a yr old but got lifetime warranty. it does get HOT in texas so it was a must! Im thinking about getting some halos plug and play so should be easy to put on. Ill get a guy friend to help if needed. im looking for some black 17' rims. powder yellow lip?

wardzach2007

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tint Tail Lights, LED in the Reverse lights, LED Map Lights, Re-Paint your center console and there's a lot other cheap and easy mods you can do. :)

Brit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so its illegal to tint tailights.. isnt everyone doing it though? thinking about messing with the dash this weekend.. what kind of paint is best? is there a "how to" on it?

wardzach2007

Super Moderator
Reaction score
so its illegal to tint tailights.. isnt everyone doing it though? thinking about messing with the dash this weekend.. what kind of paint is best? is there a "how to" on it?

I think Cobalt123 has done it but not sure (about the dash).

It just depends on which state you live in. I don't know the exact traffic code to where it says it's illegal but I'm pretty sure if a cop wanted too, he can write you a ticket for it. I always say, it's up to the cops discretion to whether or not he thinks it's illegal or not.

I've got pulled over 4 times and out of those 4 times 1 cop has told me about my lights. But he didn't even say it was illegal or not, he just said that he didn't know if I would get my car pass the inspection next time or not for being dark. lol

EDIT: For the painting of the dash, I found these instructions on what materials you would need:

1.) Rustoleum (or other) Plastic Primer.
2.) DupliColor Cherry Red (or other color) Enamel. **Please see below.
3.) DupliColor Clear Enamel. **Please see below.
4.) DupliColor Prep Wipes (or mild soap and water or tack cloth).
5.) 300-400 grit sand paper.
6.) 600-800 grit sand paper.

Last edited:

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yea darklink, its a coupe and the windows are tinted.. not even a yr old but got lifetime warranty. it does get HOT in texas so it was a must! Im thinking about getting some halos plug and play so should be easy to put on. Ill get a guy friend to help if needed. im looking for some black 17' rims. powder yellow lip?

i would get 18s you will want them later. if you can black with a yellow lip. the halos on the 2nd gens are plug and play the others require a little more wiring but are not hard

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

i did it never got any trouble from Tyler PD about them.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

http://www.chevycobaltforum.com/forum/f22/paint-dash-253/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie