New Chevy Cobalt user

a31x

Reaction score
Hi Cobalt users! I am new in this site and I want to ask for some help.

- to start with, I have a 2010 Chevy Cobalt LT with a automatic transmission everything is stock. I just had it for a week and now I've been itching to do some mods. I want to start painting my interior dash TRIMS. Can you please help me on how should I do it?

phil1108

Reaction score
There should be plenty of DIY's floating around for painting your interior dash trims on the forum. I've done mine two separate times (have two sets), best way I've found to do them is to remove them from your dash (just grab along the top edge and kind of pull/bend them out), sand them with a VERY fine sandpaper to remove any blemishes. Wash with soap and water and let them dry completely. Then start spray painting, and i'm not the best painter, but spray in long strokes starting before the trim and stopping after the trim, most people i see spray paint go back and forth which doubles up the paint on the ends and doesn't look as good. Give them a few coats of paint, allowing it to dry before adding another coat. Then a few coats of clear coat, and sand with water to get it really smooth and shiny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie