New Grill

XxChristalSSxX

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. As with most of the SC owners, I hate my grill. I'd love to put in the TC honeycomb grilll, but I'd rather not fork out that kind of cash for some plastic, haha. So, the hubz came up with a rather interesting idea for a grill and here it is:
picture.php

picture.php

All that's left is to do the lower grill and paint the rear inserts and she'll be good to go!

SpringerDesigner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All that's left is to do the lower grill and paint the rear inserts and she'll be good to go!

Looks great... are you doing the rear inserts as well..? And if you paint the rear inserts what color are u doing them..? Will you paint the front grilles to match the rear..? I think you should IMO...

XxChristalSSxX

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks great... are you doing the rear inserts as well..? And if you paint the rear inserts what color are u doing them..? Will you paint the front grilles to match the rear..? I think you should IMO...

Well, this is where I'm torn! I was gonna do a red/black theme with the car, but now I'm thinking about red/silver. I'm going to add the lower grill this week hopefully (weather permitting) and then make a decision. If I stick with red/silver, I'll paint the rear inserts silver to match. If I go with red/black, I'll take out all the grills and paint them flat black.

Jhop16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dig, thats kinda what i did with my sport , i just baught a 40 dollar sheet of perforated steel, measured, cut , clear coated...

i havent done nething with my rear grill tho..
cant wait to see how it turns out!! good luck!

SpringerDesigner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, this is where I'm torn! I was gonna do a red/black theme with the car, but now I'm thinking about red/silver. I'm going to add the lower grill this week hopefully (weather permitting) and then make a decision. If I stick with red/silver, I'll paint the rear inserts silver to match. If I go with red/black, I'll take out all the grills and paint them flat black.

I vote for Black but have heard that black makes it easier to see in vs. the silver... I'm just not a HUGE fan of chrome... my wheels get annoying to me with the chrome pieces on...

once you go black... yeah. :afro:

XxChristalSSxX

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I vote for Black but have heard that black makes it easier to see in vs. the silver... I'm just not a HUGE fan of chrome... my wheels get annoying to me with the chrome pieces on...

once you go black... yeah. :afro:

:lol: That's what I'm torn about! I've only seen one car that was red/silver themed. And the main reason behind me choosing that is because I'm not upgrading/changing rims ANYTIME soon. If I go with the red/black, I'll send them off later in the year to powder coat them. I'm trying to put all my $$ toward the Z28 restoration. The 'balt's on the backburner for now until my baby girl Z28 is running high 6's/low 7's in an 1/8

SpringerDesigner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:lol: That's what I'm torn about! I've only seen one car that was red/silver themed. And the main reason behind me choosing that is because I'm not upgrading/changing rims ANYTIME soon. If I go with the red/black, I'll send them off later in the year to powder coat them. I'm trying to put all my $$ toward the Z28 restoration. The 'balt's on the backburner for now until my baby girl Z28 is running high 6's/low 7's in an 1/8

yeah you'd have a good amount of work to get your car red black but it'd look killer...

pics of said z28..?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais