New guy from small town illinois

colson1230

Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Chris! I live in the small town of minier in central illinois. I am 30 years old married and have 4 kids! Just purchased a new to me 2006 cobalt ls with 66k on the clock laser blue metallic in color, 5 speed manual trans and bone stock....I was a jbody guy in the early 2000's and loved my sunfire hoping i like this car as much as i did it...so far i love it.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and AWESOME COLOR CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is that a wingless trunk :O

colson1230

Reaction score
yep def wingless! Its bout as base as you can get! Perfect clean slate to make it my own. And with no power windows, locks or even abs there is really nothing to break and cost me money on repairing! Wheels will come prolly early this spring. Thinking either gun metal or bronze/goldish colored.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
neqa3u6y.jpg
8unenana.jpg
umuhe8em.jpg
uramyryt.jpg
quhyhure.jpg

I lost the pic of gunmetal rims :O

colson1230

Reaction score
THATS YOURS! Hell yeah man i like it! wish mine was a SS but the price was right on this one and i couldn't convince the wife to let me something more expensive....wait til she see what it's gonna cost once i start customizing it! LOL I like the white wheels too...never thought of that color...white looks good on anything right? lol

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I was going to do monster green wheels and accent. As soon as I said that on Facebook. Ppl did that to their blue cars. I was pissed. So I Stayed white wheels. Lol I'm paying for mines still. I bought it for 15.5 k with 11.4k miles on it. Not even 12k lol. This was like 1.5 years ago.

colson1230

Reaction score
I financed mine also...gonna be paying on it for the next 3 years...Had the money to buy it outright but figured hell why not have a payment...got this one for 5k and only has 66k miles on it...and clean as a whistle! payment is less than 200 a month. been working on my credit the last few years cause i never had any kind of loan or credit card and my credit score was low....so i figured this would bring it up a few points...

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. My credit was shot . I took high interest to help get back on track. Financed for 6 years. Refinanced after 1 for 4. Got 3.5 to go at 400$ a payment. Gonna try to refinance again for 2 years. Lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie