new in w phoenix

reallychevy

Reaction score
hey guys whats goin on?

just got my cobalt and its been really weird the past few days. so when i drive down the road, gauges are working fine, no indicator lights or anything come on. radio has absolutely no power, not even the time displayed. so driving down the road, gauges stop working, air bag, emergency brake and anti-theft indicators all come on and radio displays time. doesn't turn on, cant adjust the time or anything. then radio goes back to no power and the gauges flicker off and on, then the radio displays time again. once again resulting in lose of gauges. cruise works fine as do the wipers, no blinkers though. i have tried all the fuses and there are all good. i have heard about the ol power steering deal and that has yet to happen. any advice on what to look for or to look at? i appreciate the help guys

thanks
andrew

1ATony

Reaction score
You may want to try to clean the battery cables and terminals with a wire brush so that the wires are making a good connection. It could be a bad connection with the battery.

I have a Jeep that does this every few months.

GMCustomerService

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys whats goin on?

just got my cobalt and its been really weird the past few days. so when i drive down the road, gauges are working fine, no indicator lights or anything come on. radio has absolutely no power, not even the time displayed. so driving down the road, gauges stop working, air bag, emergency brake and anti-theft indicators all come on and radio displays time. doesn't turn on, cant adjust the time or anything. then radio goes back to no power and the gauges flicker off and on, then the radio displays time again. once again resulting in lose of gauges. cruise works fine as do the wipers, no blinkers though. i have tried all the fuses and there are all good. i have heard about the ol power steering deal and that has yet to happen. any advice on what to look for or to look at? i appreciate the help guys

thanks
andrew

hello reallychevy,

Were you able to get the issues with the engine light and loss of power to the radio resolved? Not exactly sure what is going on here so I'm unable to provide a diagnosis. If you would like to private message me the last 8-digits of your VIN, I would be glad to research your VIN to see if there are any open recalls or special coverages that may be related to what you're experiencing.

Vanessa
GM Customer Service

1AJeremyD

Reaction score
Is there anything aftermarket installed on the vehicle electrical wise? (radio, radar detector hardwired in, aero guages, ect). I had someone install a radar detector and some aero gauges on their car and they hard wired them into the wrong wires and ended up needing a whole new wiring harness.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie