New ss

R-J

Reaction score
I am new to the forum with a just purchased a new Cobalt SS....
I am looking to mod and stay in warranty .....at least for a year or two..:hahano: I cut a deal with the dealer for the performance mod that picks up a tune with 30 horse.....should I ?

They call me godly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be the GM Stage 1 kit. Its about 289 HP according to most dyno sheets i've seen. If your wanting to stay in warranty thats the only tune you can do. So go for it.

Welcome to the site btw. Get some pics up. What color BTW?

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Airbox mod and a muffler delete are 2 easy mods to get done and are worth the effort and dollars spent. If u want more details on the airbox mod I can pm u the link to the DIY I used, very happy with it and the muffler delete sounded awesome

R-J

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I had in mind to get a CAI....but if a box mod is adequate ,thats great ! muffler delete ? I guess its deeper with pops ? as long as it doesnt sound like a truck or a Fart Can.:hahano:
Are there any sound bytes of a muffler delete anywhere ? I havent checked u-tube.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

That would be the GM Stage 1 kit. Its about 289 HP according to most dyno sheets i've seen. If your wanting to stay in warranty thats the only tune you can do. So go for it.

Welcome to the site btw. Get some pics up. What color BTW?

Sorry,
I left that out it is Black....it sits along side my RJT 2SS 2010 Camaro LS3 6m.
They are a neat pair....my Camaro is a garage queen and is treated like a Harley, she comes out when its nice and only then....the Cobalt is my D/D
:)

Last edited:

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I had in mind to get a CAI....but if a box mod is adequate ,thats great ! muffler delete ? I guess its deeper with pops ? as long as it doesnt sound like a truck or a Fart Can.:hahano:
Are there any sound bytes of a muffler delete anywhere ? I havent checked u-tube.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Sorry,
I left that out it is Black....it sits along side my RJT 2SS 2010 Camaro LS3 6m.
They are a neat pair....my Camaro is a garage queen and is treated like a Harley, she comes out when its nice and only then....the Cobalt is my D/D

click on my link in my sig i have a vid there

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score

Sorry,

What does RJT stand for?

I have several muffler delete clips but FYI there is ZERO sound clips available that do ANY justice to how it sounds in person. It's not ricey at all, I was always complemented on it. It's not loud if you stay off the throttle and it's within any decibel sound limitation laws.

Clips of my muffler delete

R-J

Reaction score
RJT is the paint code.....Red Jewell Tint....

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Your clips actually sound pretty mellow , I found a u-tube of the 3 inch Hahn muffler delete that sounds real good for a four lunger...could hear the turbo spool up out the tail pipe....pretty impressive.
I would guess you have no drone ????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais