Newbie with 2006 SS Questions

Reaction score
Hi There,
Brand new to the forum, looks like a great place!

I'm close to buying a 2006SS with only 45000km on it. I noticed a few things that could be annoying. Can you help?

1)The HVAC fan stays on. How does one fix this?
2)The clutch feels mushy. When I depress it, it take a half second for the revs to drop. Is this normal? Is the clutch adjustable, or could it be on its way out?
3)The drivers seat does not flip up to allow a rear passenger in? Do you only allow rear passengers from the passengers side?

That's all I have for now. Thanks in advance.

Adam

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome!

1) are you sure the fan is on or the wind is just blowing in from outside?
2) clutch shouldnt feel mushy, though the tuning on these engines does hold the revs up longer for environmental reasons. Should be able to tune that out I think.
3) Yes, passenger side only. Keeps people from messing up my driving position personally so I dont mind it lol.

Moved to LSJ section.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! I'm really torn between the SS and a G6 that I'm looking at. The G6 is a 4cyl and seems really nice too. I have two small children so the 4 doors would be nice, but the SS looks very sporty, so it's a tough decision! Its definitely the fan.

The GRAFX Shop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i took my center seatbelt out of my g5 and told my g/f .. look we just cant have a kid no belt for the child seat and think about the leather... my god no kids on my leather!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie