No boost in 1st...

PayLo

Reaction score
I have a 06 SS/SC and I noticed the other day I get no boost in 1st gear. Not really a huge deal, but just wondering if something is wrong and how could I fix it.

It's completely stock and hadn't noticed no boost in the gear till the other day. Every other gear is fine...The PSI goes up to 0 then stops, even if I romp on the gas in 1st...It may go up to like 2 but I think thats just the needle going past 0 not the actual supercharger running....Any help on this?!

Thanks!

blzn ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wish i had no boost in first bump thread with help for the guy

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brake boost is when you are driving with ur foot on the gas and the other lightly on the brake

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why would I do that?!...lol I'm not 80 years old...tryin to not speed...lol

To get everything ready to launch from a roll race, you floor it and use the brake to keep the car at your set speed. This will also help to determine if you aren't building boost in 1st or if your gauge is just laggy, cobalt gauges in general are massively slow to react to anything, try stopping your car quickly 60-0 and count the seconds it takes the speedo to hit 0 after you are already stopped.

PayLo

Reaction score
I have an SS/SC So its a 5-speed...I dont see a need to do that...and that wouldn't fix this issue...Is this worth bringing to a dealer and asking a mechanic?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't diagnose the issue then no, it wont fix it. But the least you could do it try and attempt to diagnose it for yourself before you take it to the shop to get raped on labor costs.

And duh its a 5-speed, that would make sense because GM only put an auto with the 2.0 motor in the HHR and the Saab vehicles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson