Not all that bad

parise9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not looking to go full out race with my car, but I wanted more speed and the ability to go back to stock on my own. I did not want to spend a ton on some GM Tune so I went with the Superchip Cortex Programmer with the 91 octane tune. Supposedly by summer they may have a 93 octane tune. Anyway, it's really amazing how well it's worked with no issues yet. Boost is at 20-22psi and it gets there very quickly, faster than stock got to 15psi. Torque steer sucks but it's fwd so. You spin tires like you would with stock 1st through 2nd, maybe even third but you are still propelling forward. I'm sure a little practice will help... that and warm weather. worth the $428(Includes express shipping). just my two cents and partial review.

38230170035_large.jpg

parise9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's three options. 1 is stock, in case you have to go back. it basically downloads all your stock settings before it puts in the tune. 2 is stock w/ options like rev limiter. 3 is the full 91 octane tune. programmer also tells you 0-40 up to 0-100mph times along with 1/4 mile times and a few others. it clears codes as well. one of the people who works for superchips and is on their forum states that while they are busy on newer cars (already finished 2010 Camaro SS) they are working on a 93 octane tune that you can just download to the tuner. how much is true, no idea, he could just say that to hush down people who keep begging for it. so i guess it's like the HP Tune unit, all the tunes are the same(for each unit) and from the factory with a limited 2 year powertrain warranty. it also has tunes for other vehicles in it. The one I have has a few GM truck tunes installed. i might sneak into my dad's truck and upload it lol.

06ion2coup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not gonna lie this shit sounds like an expensive version of "HORSEPOWER MPG CHIP!!! GET 300 MORE HORSEPOWER AND 60 MORE MPG!!!!!" $4.99

parise9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, i was worried about that too... until i drove it and was surprised at the torque steer at speeds over 70mph lol.. plus i didn't get it off of ebay lol. i know what you are talking about. those are usually weird boxes with wires you have to splice that tell your engine it's cooler than it really is... and that winds up keeping the fan from turning on and overheating you car... friend had one years ago on his ford.

Last edited:

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Not gonna lie this shit sounds like an expensive version of "HORSEPOWER MPG CHIP!!! GET 300 MORE HORSEPOWER AND 60 MORE MPG!!!!!" $4.99

yea lotta of us thought the same at first but it's at very least a canned tune that works tho i'd love to compare it to a custom tune and to the GM kit, it's the same type of deal with VW's that are "chipped" canned tune........imo not the best option.

parise9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just didn't want to fork out a ton of money to GM but didn't want a tune i couldn't return to stock quickly in case something other than that went wrong with the car and GM threw up a red flag and made excuses. disabled the learn down feature, gave me more power in just a few minutes, all i really need considering i still make payments on the car.

of course numbers aren't proven until dyno'd but it claims 41hp, 53lb.ft increase at the wheels. that's for the cobalt.

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my buddy and I both have 09 cobalt ss'. I have trifecta push button tune. my buddy jon has super chips.. last summer we went to the track every weekend. my fastest time was only .04 sec faster then his. I ran 13.96 sec he ran 14.00 sec. so what I am saying is superchips is basically up there with trifecta or my driving sucks(not the case) lol.

I have driven his car. I don't like the fact the the non stock tune is always on. I like to be able to choose between stock and balls to the wall. while driving it doesn't feel like it pulls as hard as mine does. I can brake the wheels free at 50mph his car can't..

ionit3

Platinum Member
Reaction score
no superchips is legit. they are local to me and been there many times, as theyve tried testing on a 2.2 a few times. BUT the 2.0 they support like op stated and ive tuned several trucks with these units. superchips is one of the top tuning companies in the truck world. featured on many telelvision shows as well

parise9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my buddy and I both have 09 cobalt ss'. I have trifecta push button tune. my buddy jon has super chips.. last summer we went to the track every weekend. my fastest time was only .04 sec faster then his. I ran 13.96 sec he ran 14.00 sec. so what I am saying is superchips is basically up there with trifecta or my driving sucks(not the case) lol.

I have driven his car. I don't like the fact the the non stock tune is always on. I like to be able to choose between stock and balls to the wall. while driving it doesn't feel like it pulls as hard as mine does. I can brake the wheels free at 50mph his car can't..

i doubt it's your driving. i know superchips doesn't offer as much power as the trifecta, but i went with it because it has great reviews and is legit. as for your driving, i can't comment as I've not been to the track yet. but youtube has supposed stock ss/tc's running 13.6. perfect conditions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie