Not sure what I should do

Mike571

Reaction score
whats up. In new to forums so not sure how all this works so I'll just get right to it. I have an 08 Cobalt LS that I'm driving now. I did have an eclipse that I had done quite a bit of work to that I was driving but that car is out of commission right now with a snapped rod. im not going to mess with the eclipse for a while but want to start working on the cobalt. My plan was to put new headers, a high flow cat, a cat back exhaust, lower it at least 2", new shocks(looking at KYB AGX), camber kit, tower strut bars, short ram intake, and a short shift kit. As I said I have an idea on what I want for the shocks but need ideas on brands and kits for the other stuff. Just looking to make the cobalt a little more fun at the moment

djyeti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this forum is pretty quiet but there are some really knowledgeable people here. Check out zzp performance. They have almost every performance upgrade your can do to these cars.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are a few exhaust header options depending on your goal, the cheapest is to go with a used one off a supercharged model. It's a direct swap and you can use their higher flowing cats.

Springs are a compromise at 2", I can't speak towards anything that doesn't feel like riding on steel beams. If you want something a little less I suggest Powell YYZ springs.

The only adjustable shocks besides going with a full coilover set is Koni Yellows.

Camber is only adjustable for the front as the rear would require shimming both the wheel hubs and brake calipers. They sell camber bolts for the front struts but you really don't need them unless you're trying to go for the sideways tire look.

Strut tower bars on this chassis are nothing more than a place to add more stickers, the strut towers are attached to the firewalls and you can't get much more rigid than that.

I'd suggest a cold air over a short ram, I had an AEM when I owned an LT and it was great, never ate water.

For short throws there are basically 3 brands, TWM, Billet Pro Shop, and OTTP. Hurst and B&M used to make them but I can't find them for sale anymore.

After doing the engine modifications I highly recommend getting a tune in order to take advantage of the better air flow and to turn off the PE Delay function in the ECU that delays actual full throttle for a set time.

Best of luck and welcome!

Mike571

Reaction score
Thank you very much man. I was doing everything to the eclipse so that's what I know. Haven't really gotten into the cobalt too much yet. That's why it's nice to be on these forums

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie