Omnivorous, Flexible Fuel, 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

Fuelverine

Reaction score
I've posted here a few times on YourCobalt.com but figured you're also a great community to let know about the 2007 2.2L Chevrolet Cobalt we've been testing for 4 years. With EFILive, we were able to make it into a vehicle capable of running of ethanol, methanol & gasoline in any blends. While it runs fine with the stock injectors, we spent $100 and put in the 2009 HHR FFV injectors so we could run very high alcohol blends, including M100. We often make 15-25% more horsepower on our NA motor just by switching fuels and timing. Check out the documentary PUMP on Netflix to see it doing a little drifting action

With the addition of a CNG conversion kit, we've been able to run additional fuels such as methane (main component of natural gas), ethane ($.30/gallon), propane, butane and several other blends. I've even run these engines on Hydrogen!

In order to try to spread the word about Fuel Choice, I've created a website that discusses some of our results, the components we've used, and the fuels we've run. Please check it out and let me know what you think through either an email, comment or this forum.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt
Give the rest of the site a gander too, you might learn something, or teach me a thing or two!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais