P0010 & P0011 codes... At home fix or mechanic?

Stefanie

Reaction score
My car: 2010 Chevy Cobalt 2LT, 2.2L

My issue: My check engine light came on the other day. I stopped by Auto Zone to have them pull the codes on it. The codes that came up were P0010 and P0011. So, I know it has something to do with the cam shaft, but this is the first big issue I've had with this car, so I'm wanting to get some third party opinions on what specifically could be the problem and how difficult it might be to fix.

I checked the oil and it was a little low, so I topped it off with the hope of making the 35-mile trip home and getting there in one functioning piece. The morning that the check engine light came on, I notice that my car was making a slightly unusual noise. To any random person, it might not be noticeable, but I drive my car every day and I'm very aware of how she sounds, so this slight change in noise bothers me and makes me feel like something is wrong. Later that morning the check engine light came on.

In addition to the slight noise, it has been doing this weird thing with increasing frequency lately... I can only describe it as jerking... When I'm idling, coasting, slowing down, pretty much anything other than accelerating, it does this jerking thing.

So, with the jerking, the strange noise, and the check engine light, I really don't want to drive it too much until I can figure out the problem and fix it... Anyone have ideas as to what the problem could be and how I can go about fixing it? If it isn't going to be a major undertaking, I can do it myself, but if it is going to be a big ordeal, I guess I'll have to hand it off to a professional. I'm more than capable of fixing a mechanical issue, but these newer cars are so computerized that I'm almost afraid to mess with anything under the hood for fear of messing up some random sensor.

Please help? Any constructive advice is greatly appreciated! I need to get my Geraldine back on the road! :) Thanks in advance!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais