Plasic button broke off auto shifter

JLurn

Reaction score
I am really looking for any estimate or help here. No idea how it happened but on the automatic shifter...the plastic button you press with you fingers to change gears broke off. Can this be fixed? How much am I looking at? This may be dumb but I know plastic is not fixable and fear they will have to replace it...anyone want to calm my fears....please??

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
if you have to simply replace it, the shift nob shouldnt cost too much, ill take mine off maybe i might find something that would help ya out

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

if you have your warranty shouldnt be anything

JLurn

Reaction score
I called the local Chevy dealership today and had the part ordered...which ended up being $72.07. They said labor would be $95 but I am going to check midas or something first. I am not good with cars...but if it is simple enough I may be able to do it. He said something about a screw and it should come off but he was not sure.

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
if i rem haha
ill check my service manuals...should tell me how to get it off....
if i can get a good scan of the directions i can post them for you :)

JLurn

Reaction score
I'm in Northern Cali...near Sacramento. It seems I will be paying way more than I need to for someone to do this for me but ah well...

KyleSeverino

Reaction score
s-l1600.jpg There is a 3D printed button on ebay. It's made of nylon which is stronger than the original ABS. It's $20 and just snaps in place, no need to buy a new shifter handle and take everything apart.

Search on ebay for "Black GM Auto Floor Shifter button" to find it. If it's not there it's probably out of stock and you should check back again in a week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson