Probleemm

LilSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this is the right section, and since ***is a shitty site, hopefully some of the ultra knowledgeable peeps are here to help me out. My lnf has been tuned for almost 14k miles now, and hasn't had any problems up until a couple months ago. It would occassionally not hit full boost, or it wouldn't hold it. But other days it would be completely fine. Well these past couple days it just hasn't been performing well at all and was wondering what it could possibly be. I had it checked in April, and they said everything was fine. Also was wondering, if I should put my stock ECU in when getting it checked, or the tuned one...eek.

Last edited by a moderator:

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ya sounds like possibly the tune or maybe charge piping coming loose?
Are you tuned by steve-o if so that sucks since hes in the military

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey umm. what has the weather been like when its running like shit. extremely humid weather or weather that has alot of moisture in the air makes our cars not run so good.

asherby85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about your cars but it does sound like something is coming loose or possibly a crack/break in a hose.

LilSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weather is dry and pretty warm, but I usually drive it at night when it's just perfect out around 80 degrees. Yes it was tuned by Steve, I data logged it, and sent the tune to someone else who adjusted some things. I drove with that tune for a bit, but since the hpt cable is fried I can't log it, so I went BACK to the psykotune. And that is the one where I experience the random loss of boost. Last night for example, in 2nd gear(strangely seems to be where I have the most problems like at the track for instance) it went up to 22, and instantly fell back to 10. The tune is not the issue, I had someone very very knowledgeable look at that.

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if its not the weather then something possibly coming loose or a vacuum leak. but if its intermediate i wouldn't think of that, but never hurts to take a once over the engine bay and see if anything is loose or come off. have you added anything since your last tune update?

LilSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope haven't added anything. I'm not sure if I should have the tuned or stock ecu in when I bring it in. AAhhhh!! I just want it fixed.

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well that all depends on if its something easy or something a little harder. all the dealership is gonna do it look it over and check your data log history from the ecu. but the first thing a good driveability tech will look at the time/distance since last cel or problem and they can tell from that, that something is up. hmm i'm stumped at the moment. give me a sec to check gm's si and see if i can come up with something from there.

LilSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's never thrown a CEL. And I'm probably gonna be putting the stock ECU in when I take it in.

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya but just because it doesn't through a hard code doesn't mean there isn't a snap shot being taken. for instance last week i did one of my random scans of my computer with our tech2 at work and found that i was misfiring and had a run lean code in my car but no cel was set

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

k so i did find 2 bulletins relating to low boost on the 08-09 turbo's. one is the right hand lower rad support bracket bolt may touch the charge piping and the other is the wastegate actuator nipple gets damaged. looks like you may have to go to the dealer, both of those should be covered and ya throw your stock ecu back in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie