Problem With Stock Radio

SportLt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well its been going on for about the past 3 months

whenever i start my car the screen on the radio never comes on, i have to thit the big power button to turn it off then hit it again...sometimes it works...other times it either comes up blurred or its still off...

i think that it might be short

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i would agree, possibly a short, or maybe just a faulty radio
what year and how many miles? original warranty still??

SportLt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its an 08

still under warrenty just have not had time to go to the stealership

im trying to figure out what it is so i dont waste a whole day waiting on them to have the part orderd.

bryson87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would believe you need to take it in for warranty. Edwards dt. i got 2 guys from my shop starting this week

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ya, i agree, warranty...cause if you start messing with things trying to fix it they may give you crap about fixing it....

SportLt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im just running things threw my head what exactly is causing it. every time i go to the dealer i have to wait a loooong time, and even longer for them to order a part

has any one on here had the same problem?

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm...havent had a stock radio in years, but i dont recommend u **** with it, juust go to the dealer and hav it fixed, sucks you have to wait, but atleast u get a new stereo out of it, and if they have to order it, they can just leave ur ticket open u can take ur caruntil the part arrives, thats what i did for my wheel bearing, put in the ticket to order the part, 2 weeks later i showed up at my own convinience and got it repair, and than brought up the issue with my airbags, they left the ticket open, and to this day(1.5months later) i still need to find time to go back and get it fixed...

bryson87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya just take it and tell them u need the car back so u can get to school and work. and get them to call u when its in. dont let them bs you and tell them u cant. cause I know you can. if not tell them you need a loaner car cause u cant get a rental. we treated customers better who came to get services and everything. vs. ones just for warranty. keep that in mind

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Me personally I would take apart the dash and disconnect the radio then reconnect it ensuring that all the pins are making contact, sometimes you get a pin that wants to pull out of the connector...but thats just me and my "I fix everything myself" attitude :lol:

SportLt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it usually messes up on a hot day.

and like i said i have to press the the main power button a few times to make the screen turn on..

or i knock the shit out of the side of the radio..that works too:rofl:

its got to be a short or a wire is loose

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais