pwr steering problem?

sfwg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
symptoms:
1.when stationary its a bitch to turn my wheel.(i have 18" advantis feels like no power steering)
2.some times its hard to get it to go into 1st(have to push the clutch in and out a couple of times to work)
3.shifting takes more force than it should
any suggestions?

XxChristalSSxX

Platinum Member
Reaction score
LoL... u know I'm just kidding. Kinda sounds like what my SS was doing a few years ago. Have you ever adjusted the steering wheel when the car is on? That causes the PCM to go stark raving mad and throw every DIC indicator known to man.

sfwg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LoL... u know I'm just kidding. Kinda sounds like what my SS was doing a few years ago. Have you ever adjusted the steering wheel when the car is on? That causes the PCM to go stark raving mad and throw every DIC indicator known to man.

howd u fix it? does it throw a cel?

XxChristalSSxX

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Honestly, they only real fix is to have the dealer replace the PCM. Not worth the $$ if ur not under warranty, IMO. I just disconnected my battery for 5 mins and then reconnected. CEL was gone and all the gauges went back to normal. Only fix I've found so far. I've learned to adjust my steering tilt before I turn the car on now, lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie