question about automatic trans service

CobaltCpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i have 42k miles now after driving to florida and back so should i look i getting the dexron vi compatible fluid for my 2007 lt.

SpringerDesigner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM says the auto does not need servicing ever under "normal" conditions. (I am almost always a little skeptical of "sealed for life" auto items.)
Since M.Y. 2006+, most GM autos have Dexron VI type ATF installed. This fluid is night and day over previous Dexron III specs. Think of Dexron VI as sort of the top of the line synthetic fluid for the auto trans.
I drive a lot of highway miles on my 2008 G5. Little stop and go in heat and cold year 'round.
I just changed mine at 68,000 miles and seems was a waste of money. Fluid looked/felt like brand new. Filter and pan was spotless. So the cost of a new pan gasket/Delco filter/7gts of Dexron VI and the time was a waste of good money and just filters and fluid alone is NOT cheap!!!!
Unless you are super abusive in hot surroundings or use your car like a police car, taxi or pull a trailer constantly.. you could easily save your money 'till at least 85,000 or more!

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for all this..?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup