Rally Balt

themeanmarine83

Reaction score
So, here is an interesting thought. a Rally Cobalt. I mean something that could be street driven, but off road capable. The reason behind this idea is that I have to do a lot of driving down a long dirt road (about 5 miles) and I am tired of putting my car through all the abuse (florida dirt roads SUCK!).

So, I thought, wouldn't it be great if the Balt had a little beefed up suspension, maybe like a 1 to 2 inch lift. Then i could fit maybe some A/T tires on it. Maybe even flare out the fenders a little and put on some spacers. Besides looking bad ass, I think it would make a bumpy trip a little more bearable (FUN!)

Anyone know if there are any components from other GMs that may fit our cars to make this not so expensive like some taller springs, struts and shocks? Also, what might need to be done to any other components?

Thanks for the insight and ideas!

themeanmarine83

Reaction score
yeah they do, but i would like to maybe put some more rugged shocks and struts on the car. also, probably some better steering components.

RedDead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one day i was bored and looking at pics of cobalts on google and i came across a pic of one that was raised and had 4x4 tires on it....not sure exactly where i had seen it but it has been done.....good luck....wish i could help more

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
You don't necessarily need components made specifically for a cobalt. In this case you will have to look elsewhere as far as parts are concerned and custom built it. It can be done just takes time effort and money

CFCobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be very interesting.....ive got zero knowledge about what youre going for...but im in for the outcome....good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais