Recall...Power Steering Failure

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
– Federal regulators have opened up an investigation into complaints that power steering systems in the Chevy Cobalt can fail.

The National Transportation Safety Administration says there are currently more than 1,100 complaints about the power steering, including reports of eleven accidents and one injury.

The review will cover about 905,000 Cobalts in the model years 2005 to 2009.

Some drivers have complained that the steering problem was so bad they couldn't stay in their traffic lanes.

http://www.news8austin.com/content/y...sp?ArID=265619

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i have heard alot of balts/G5's have had this issue for years already...I think i lucked out thou lol no issues! knock on wood!

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya mine usually shows itself as low speed clunking coming from the steering wheel and a dead spot when turning. by dead spot i mean you can be holding it a little to the right and when you go to turn it to the left there is no tension on it. and it likes to drift and i'm constantly correcting the steering.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya mine usually shows itself as low speed clunking coming from the steering wheel and a dead spot when turning. by dead spot i mean you can be holding it a little to the right and when you go to turn it to the left there is no tension on it. and it likes to drift and i'm constantly correcting the steering.

Thats sucks man, I can let the wheel go and my car stays straight....

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya mine comes and goes. just sucks cuz my steering is really tight when they replace the column and then after a few weeks it goes all loose again :(

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya mine comes and goes. just sucks cuz my steering is really tight when they replace the column and then after a few weeks it goes all loose again :(

maybe this investigation will issue a recall? or permanent fix

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hopefully. if that is the case i will wait a little bit and maybe save myself a $100 by not having to pay the deductible on my extended warranty. wouldn't that be nice

Robinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They need to open this up to the damn IONs too. Im on my 3rd damn column and if they admit theres a problem and issue a recaill, they owe me some money dammit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson