Recall: Some 2005 LSJs (not all encounter this problem)

XxChristalSSxX

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received a letter in the mail from GM stating that there is a recall on some (not all) 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged (not SS sedans/coupes without the supercharger; only 2.0 LSJ). The recall is in regards to the CID displaying "ENG PWR RDCD." It claims to be due to the catalytic converter. They have not specified if it is the cat itself or the sensors. I scheduled my car for new cat/sensors this morning @ 7am. I should have my SS back by the end of the day. I'll let you guys know more about it when I pick it up this afternoon/evening.

But on a funny note regarding this, my service technician (Brian Kitchens @ Ivan Leonard Chevrolet) called me @ 7:45am (45 minutes after I left the "stealer"ship) to ask this:
"Hey, Mrs. Grammer; this is Brian at Ivan Leonard. I have a question for you. Could you remind me why you dropped your Cobalt off this morning? I haven't had my coffee yet and I can't remember."
:wtf:

Maybe my car won't be in pieces when I pick it up today, lmao.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got that letter too. it applies to all cars with an lsj. if your cat has failed and needs to be fixed, bring it to the closest gm dealer. if it's been repaired, you can get reimbursed through gm.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just go to the service writer and have him/her run your vin number. it will show all recalls on that specific vin. they should be able to replace it even if the cat is still good.

bryson87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should of went to edwards to see jon orr

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

i need the control number on the re-call

XxChristalSSxX

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay, well, seems as though it was a mass letter sent to most 05 cobalt owners.

I had mine replaced last Friday afternoon. That was such a baaaaaad day, but nothing to do with the Cobalt.

They replaced the entire cat and now I sound a little different. No one else can tell, but I know when my baby sounds different, ya know? Anyway, haven't had one single problem with the "ENG PWR RDCD" coming back on the CID. Maybe it's fixed. IDK. But, if it isn't causing y'all many problems, it's really not worth bringing it in for replacement.

But since it's a recall, someone may be in my situation and have major issues with reduced power and this should be done. Otherwise, don't bother. :)

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What if I didn't receive this letter? But I also have a LSJ?

Pm me the last 8 digits of you VIN i will look and see if you vehicle has this special coverage...i believe it was for all LSJ's, for cobalts and ions...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie