Remote start help

mpjayden

Reaction score
I have a 2006 and trying to install an AutoStart remote start system. I have the xpresskit bypass module and which doesnt require a key. I click on the start button and nothing happens but the horn will honk a couple times :think: the only thing I think it could be is the ignition wire or accessory/blower wire. But I put a multimeter to the ignition wire and pressed the start button and no voltage was read through that wire (Both accessory/blower and ignition wire are connected at bcm, not ignition if that could make a difference?). Could the remote start module just be bad? This is puzzeling me. The starter wire is not connected because I read that it doesn't need to be wired for the cobalts.

newfiedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is the info from 12volt.com

12volts red/black (50A) + BCM, C3, pin D1
Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is part of the fuse/relay box on the front passenger side of the center console. It has the following connectors: C1-72 pin gray plug, C2-72 pin gray plug, C3-41 pin red plug, and C4-68 pin lt. gray plug.
Starter yellow (not for remote start) - PCM, blue plug, pin 48 or 46
Notes: The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is on the driver side fender, in front of the underhood fuse block.

There is a white wire and a white/black wire at the ignition harness that performs the following: key sense, second ignition, starter, and Passlock resistance. Refer to DirectFax document 1610 for remote start interface information.
Second Starter N/A
Ignition yellow + ign harn or BCM, C4, pin D3
Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is part of the fuse/relay box on the front passenger side of the center console. It has the following connectors: C1-72 pin gray plug, C2-72 pin gray plug, C3-41 pin red plug, and C4-68 pin lt. gray plug.
Second Ignition see starter wire notes
Third Ignition N/A
Accessory brown + ign harn or BCM, C4, pin C8
Second Accessory N/A
Keysense see starter wire notes
Power Lock white - driver kick or BCM, C1, pin 7
Notes: Lock is a straight negative trigger. Unlock is negative trigger thru a 1500 ohm resistor. MUST use relays.

The BCM (Body Control Module) is part of the fuse/relay box on the front passenger side of the center console. It has the following connectors: C1-72 pin gray plug, C2-72 pin gray plug, C3-41 pin red plug, and C4-68 pin lt. gray plug.
Power Unlock same as power lock wire
Lock Motor gray 5wi driver kick or BCM, C3, pin A4
Unlock Motor tan 5wi driver kick or BCM, C3, pin B1
Parking Lights+ brown + driver kick or BCM, C3, pin A7
Parking Lights- brown/white - switch or BCM, C2, pin 5
Hazards white - switch or BCM, C2, pin 9
Turn Signal(L) lt. blue (F), yellow (R) + BCM, C1, pin 35 and C3, pin A9
Turn Signal(R) dk. blue (F), dk. green (R) + BCM, C1, pin 17 and C3, pin A12
Reverse Light lt. green + driver kick, harness to rear
Door Trigger gray/black (D), tan/white (P) - each kick or BCM, C1, pins 22 and 19
Notes: Use both wires and diode isolate each.

The BCM (Body Control Module) is part of the fuse/relay box on the front passenger side of the center console. It has the following connectors: C1-72 pin gray plug, C2-72 pin gray plug, C3-41 pin red plug, and C4-68 pin lt. gray plug.
Dome Supervision gray - BCM, C3, pin A10
Trunk/Hatch Pin orange/black - BCM, C1, pin 55
Hood Pin N/A
Trunk/Hatch Release tan - switch or BCM, C2, pin 10
Power Sliding Door N/A
Factory Alarm Arm factory remote only
Factory Alarm Disarm factory remote only
Disarm No Unlock with ignition and Passlock
Tachometer NOT pink or pink/black ac any fuel injector
Wait to start N/A
Brake Wire lt. blue + switch or BCM, C2, pin 54
Parking Brake lt. blue - switch or BCM, C1, pin 14
Horn Trigger tan - switch or BCM, C2, pin 14
Memory Seat 1 N/A
Memory Seat 2 N/A
Memory Seat 3 N/A
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
Yes Type:
Passlock
Part #: 556LW
Alternate Part1 #: 555LW

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still doesent really help too much just a bunch of numbers we need actual factory wiring diagrams from the dealership

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

I have a 2006 and trying to install an AutoStart remote start system. I have the xpresskit bypass module and which doesnt require a key. I click on the start button and nothing happens but the horn will honk a couple times :think: the only thing I think it could be is the ignition wire or accessory/blower wire. But I put a multimeter to the ignition wire and pressed the start button and no voltage was read through that wire (Both accessory/blower and ignition wire are connected at bcm, not ignition if that could make a difference?). Could the remote start module just be bad? This is puzzeling me. The starter wire is not connected because I read that it doesn't need to be wired for the cobalts.

so have u figured it out yet?? because i am getting ready to install one in mine too

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL ya but hope fully by next winter ill have my Toyota 4Runner going and ready for next winter so i can park my Balt and retire it from winter :)

RedDead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i hope i can get anything thats a 4x4.....the cobalt does really well in the snow and ice........i just don't want to risk it too much and end up wrecking my baby

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YA no kiddin im actually very pleased with its winter performance its like a Cat in the snow with a pair of winter grips

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais