Replacement keys

Spacey_stacey75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tried to have an extra key made at Home Depot and they told me it had a chip and he couldn't make another one. WTF???

I don't have power locks or anything, why is there a chip? Is there really a chip? :think:

And how much is the dealership going to charge for that??
Like a dumbass I lost my extra key, no clue where I put it. I put it somewhere I would't lose it. HA!

2006 Cobalt LS 2.2 Auto

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya alot of places wont copy a car key for you . even if it dont have a chip . dont know how much a dealer is gonna charge

YouDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran into the same problem at a home depot, I don't have power locks or anything either. I use to work at sears and from what i understand you can unlock the door with any key made but the ignition wont start in some cars without the chip key. I may go to get a base copy made tom and test it, ill let you know what I find out.

reyesa21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership told me when I bought my car two months ago that If I lost my keys it wud b 30 to replace it soo

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
get one on ebay, take it to the dealer so they can mate it to your VIN they dont charge for it, at least they didnt to me ive got 4 keys cuz i keep losing them

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso