Requesting Help for weird noise.

Lykan

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Tonight i was driving and witnessed a weird noise that appears "to me" to be coming from the front of the car somewhere, i own a cobalt LS with rougly 70km on it.

The weird thing about this noise is the fact that it only really starts when i reach a speed at about 45 and the more i accelerate the louder it kinda seems to get. Iv tried researching this but found nothing and my car sense is really not all that good unfortunatly. I can have my car in park and rev it up and hear the normal car sound and not the weird sound that i would get when i reach around 45.

I just have a few questions.

1. What is it?
2. How can I fix it?
3. Is it safe for me to drive with?, as im leaving for a destination about an hour and a tomorrow at 8am.

Much appreciated and i really hope i can get your help. Thankyou.
-Jesse

P.S - Refer to this thread, he sorta has the same problem as i did. But im just not sure. http://www.chevycobaltforum.com/forum/f16/weird-noises-1139/

Last edited:

Lykan

Reaction score
Its kinda hard to desrcibe, Like a dull lawnmower sound i guess you could call it. Its really confusing to me.

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Here is the weird part, i can put it in park and rev it up and not hear that noise, just the normal car sound as you would normaly hear

Last edited:

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmm im not sure man. try changing out your intake filter.

i used to have a wierd noise coming from my car at around 2k RPMS and when i changed out my filter it went away

Lykan

Reaction score
Okay, im going to look into that.
Another question, is it road safe to drive? The noise is loud and intimidating at around 120km. Should i be worried?

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I cant truthfully say with out actually knowing what is making the sound. but im sure if you drive sane and not beat on the car it will be fine till you can actually have someone look at it

Lykan

Reaction score
Well, i do the speed limit and take percausian when i drive. Im not a road warrior haha.

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
well then you SHOULD be fine, but i would try to get someone to look at it ASAP. if the noise gets worse or louder, then take it in right then

Lykan

Reaction score
Cool, that sounds good. If anyone else has any idea on what this may be then please, ill take any help i can get.

Noise starts at a speed of 45, louder with accelerating, seems to come from the front of the car, doesn't make that noise when reving in park. Any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie