Riding really loud

michaellewgood

Reaction score
I dont know if it is just my car or the way cobalts are built but my 2007 lt rides really loud and there is a slight vibration in the pedal when applying the gas at highway speeds. I put brand new tires on it which quieted it a little bit but still seems too loud. Anyone else encountering this?

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
control arm bushings ..... ? they went out in both mine and my wifes cobalts and got loud .. but i dont know how that would make the pedal vibrate . take a look at the motor mounts

michaellewgood

Reaction score
loud as in road noise. I just had the control arm bushings replaced less than 2 months ago. It doesnt rattle at all just the annoying humming sound from what seems like road noise

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
my recommendation is to upgrade the shocks and struts to FE5's you will get a better ride and its 100% designed for a cobalt, (came factory on the SS models and they are directly interchangeable)

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you check your alignment ? did my control arm bushing and i was getting the same noise . needed a alignment

GMCustomerService

Full Access Member
Reaction score
loud as in road noise. I just had the control arm bushings replaced less than 2 months ago. It doesnt rattle at all just the annoying humming sound from what seems like road noise

Has your concern been resolved? Are you experiencing a vibration?

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

michaellewgood

Reaction score
no it has not been resolved. i just got an alignment when i got tires put on 2 months ago. the new tires dampened the noise some but its still loud. ill have to look into the shocks and struts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup