Rough start

santino21

Reaction score
hey guys was wondering if you can help me out. Today I started my car and it was pretty rough start. Also when I started it my locks went off as if I put the car in drive. I tried again after I got to work and it started fine. Do you guys think it’s my battery or alternator? Any help is appreciated thank you!

Gellisjr1

Reaction score
While the engine was running rough did the "Check Engine Light" come on steady or was it flashing at all? If the light came on the computer has stored a fault code. You can have the code read for free from parts stores such as auto zone or advance auto. This will give you a better idea what the problem may be. If your C.E.L. was already on there is definitely stored codes.

From the info you have provided it may have been a fluke. I would take a wait and see approach to see if it happens again. Let the car sit over night and see how it starts in the morning. Make a mental note how it starts through out your day. If it runs rough only after sitting over night or long cool downs such as while your working. You should have the car looked at by a mechanic.

I hope this helps. Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais