sc build

Discussion in 'Performance' started by JLbeast, Sep 12, 2011.

1. JLbeast

JLbeast Member

so change in plans... now that there is a women involved.. cant get to carried away with my original L61 build. Now im just looking to upgrade the head and cams with a S/C kit on my 05 2.2.

looked hard for S/C build list.. and not finding it.. wondering if im going to need to still build the pistons and rods, and sleeve it still, now that im also not going to add a sts turbo to the mix.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

i still have my 09 block so im just going to put that block with my 05 head and build from there.. or buy an ported and polished head and so on.. so i will be running with 19,000 mile 09 gen 2 internals. would that be enough?

2. cobalt123

cobalt123 Platinum Member

build section sticky its there

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

and based on a 3.0 pulley or larger you wont have to gets rods and pistons and stuff like that the stock internals will hold

3. Tuner923

Tuner923 Full Access Member

build lists are there. i know for a fact Jn2 had one

4. cobalt123

cobalt123 Platinum Member

5. AKcobalt

AKcobalt Junior Member

6. 06CobaltLS

06CobaltLS Full Access Member

7. AKcobalt

AKcobalt Junior Member

Thats what i figured the price was way too cheap for it to be a good thing. Why is it so hard to find a 2.4L intake manifold and throttle body? Im still in the air if I want to boost my car or just do a NA build. I have about 4 months before I even get to touch my car since im about 7000 miles away from it right now. Any thoughts on where to start and which direction to go. It will be used as a daily driver with an occasional trip to the track.

8. YelloEye

YelloEye Super Moderator Staff Member

Staying NA and making bigger power means cams, buddy had one and it was a bitch to drive. IMO you should go turbo or supercharger if you're looking to hit 200+