Service airbag light on and passenger airbag turned off

tnhottie025

Reaction score
I own a 2008 Cobalt LT with around 58,000 miles on it. My service airbag light came on and the passenger airbag off light is on. I checked the connector under the passenger seat and it was connected. Just to be sure it wasn't loose I unconnected it and the reconnected it and my light is still on. I took it to be hooked up to see what codes it threw and there are no codes. The guy was baffled too as to why it was throwing no codes with the light on so he took a new tester off the shelf that showed it would read codes related to airbag system and it too showed no codes. Any idea where to begin to figure out what could cause the service airbag light to come on and cause the passenger airbag to stay turned off that wouldn't throw out any codes?

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this issue with mine before except it was intermittent turns out my Passenger side retractor assembly wiring connector which is Parr of the retractor assembly had a frayed wire right at the connector

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Basically wiggle the passenger side seat belt bottom back an forth see if the light goes off or comes on

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

There should be two wires running from the bottom of the seat belt

tnhottie025

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I checked the fuses and they were good. When it quits raining I will wiggle the wires at the base of the passenger side seatbelt and see if the light goes out.

gberland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well no wait till the light goes out. That's If it goes out , then begin to wiggle to wiring harness if the light comes on then the retractor wiring could be your issue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson