Shifter Issues

06RallySS

Reaction score
Alright guys, I believe I have it figured out, but wanted to double check and see what my choices are.

My 06 is giving me trouble going into 2nd, 4th, and reverse. It's all stock as far as anything shifter/trans minus Motor Mount inserts. 80k miles. So I believe the problem to be the shifter cables. Is there a way to tighten these, or do I need to order the cables? Any suggestions/tips for this install?

06RallySS

Reaction score
Thanks man, I adjusted it, everything was fine. Start to head home and 1st 3rd 5th start becoming problem children. Make it to the last stop before my house and it quit going into gear all together. The shift cables still move, but no gear engaugement. :(

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks man, I adjusted it, everything was fine. Start to head home and 1st 3rd 5th start becoming problem children. Make it to the last stop before my house and it quit going into gear all together. The shift cables still move, but no gear engaugement. :(

None of the gears at all? Can you still feel the gates between gears? What about the lockout gates, where it keeps you out unless you press the clutch?

If you can't feel anything then you probably snapped a roll pin, they attach the shifter arms on the outside of the transmission to the shafts within.

06RallySS

Reaction score
Yep, snapped the roll pin, just got it tore apart and waiting on the roll pin to get here, thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson