should I?

mad.cobalt

Reaction score
should i buy this fro my cobalt i currently have a spectre one...

have this:
cobalt021.jpg

should i buy this filter?:
Hi Performance Foam Air Filter for 3 Inch Intake Red - eBay (item 190503353929 end time Apr-18-11 19:56:08 PDT)

?

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its all up to you..it looks like itd draw in more air but thats just me..i would since its only $8.95

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
omfg that thing is garbage. stay with the cone filter you have or get a rechargeable k&n. those sponge cakes like to deteriorate.

Last edited:

mad.cobalt

Reaction score
cool can u hook it up with a link to a 3 in K&N filter please...
what are u rolling on?

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
you can pick up a K&N filter at autozone or pepboys. most mod sites have them i have a few links in my sig you can check out. for my mazda im picking up HPS intake it comes with a K&N.

if i was you i would go to AEM website and order a dry flow filter. same as K&N except K&N are all oil-based and must be reoiled when cleaned

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
no problem. you can also get a hydroshield from AEM i beleive that fits over the filter to prevent water from getting in. this is important, if water gets into the intake, through the throttle body and into the IM to the engine it will hydrolock and at that point its time for a new engine

mad.cobalt

Reaction score
hey so does the brand of the Air filter matter HP gains?

what im saying is i have a cheap spectre air filter if i buy that AEM fliter will i get a little boost on HP????

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
There aren't any dnto sheets that I know of that prove other wise but either should net you a decent amount the benefits of the aem filter is it's top is closed since it's angled down it would be difficult to hydrolock

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais