Snow Tires

dbeck84

Reaction score
I drive an 07 LT around 70 miles each way to work. With winter approaching, I need new tires. I was wondering if anyone had experience with snow tires. Are they that much better on snow than a good all season tire? I'm wondering if it is worth laying out the extra money on an extra set of tires.

dbeck84

Reaction score
North Central Illinois. They are calling for one of the worst winters in recent history in the Chicago area, so I'm trying to be prepared.

dbeck84

Reaction score
I already posted this message in the LT forum, so sorry if that pisses anyone off. I have an 07 LT that I drive 70 miles each way to work. I'm in need of new tires, and I've heard forcasts saying that this is going to be one of the worst winters in recent history for the Chicago area. I was wondering if buying a set of snow tires would be worth the extra money. Are they really much better than a good set of all season tires?

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe get a set for just the front since its FWD. Will help a lot

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have another set of rims ? the best is to have a set of rims with the snow tires on it that way when you know the roads are gonna have alot of snow/ice you can switch tires over then when you know the road is dry you can switch back . your control and traction will be better in the snow with snow tires but as soon as you hit dry roads snow tires suck . as 06cobaltls said just put them on the front . i did that and worked fine gave me the traction i needed to get up hill and to bust snow banks down to get on side
roads.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso