Spooling issues

parkerg36

Reaction score
I am having issues with my SS TCS. I replaced the cam solenoids (variable valve timing) on top of the cam cover. (which ended being the check engine code error) but prior to that I changed the crank angle sensor and the cam angle sensor intake side? behind the motor on the right side. Anyways right now my motor has been making a whistling sound like turbo wanting to spool. but not having the power. This will come and go and sometimes the turbo will kick on and spool like normal. Does anyone know what this could be? I don't currently have a check engine light on.

parkerg36

Reaction score
I'm not getting any codes now, just does this, was thinking a bad connection to one of the sensors for the cams?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Exhaust cam sensor on the back side of the motor could have a bad connection, wire, or need replaced.

parkerg36

Reaction score
Exhaust cam sensor on the back side of the motor could have a bad connection, wire, or need replaced.
Are the intake and exhaust sensors the same part #? Just opposite in the motor? I am probably going to replace both.

parkerg36

Reaction score
Are the intake and exhaust sensors the same part #? Just opposite in the motor? I am probably going to replace both.

parkerg36

Reaction score
Changed them out, sensors and actuators and still happening.... at a loss as of now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson