starting and funny problem I think it's the BMC

mascott67

Reaction score
I have been having problems with my 09 cobalt starting. It just clicks then sometimes if I wait for the chimes to quit it will start. Sometimes I have the radio off and wait for the chimes to quit and then it started. I have charged the battery and had it tested all good. I cleaned the neg. terminal not luck. It is getting harder and harder in getting it to start. If I do get it started and I change the controls for the heat or air either one the passenger air bags flash and the car runs ruff. The washer button on the wiper also kills the car. Does anybody have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this and do you think its the BMC? Thanks.

mascott67

Reaction score
no. Would I have to take it off to get it tested? Thanks Mike.

GMCustomerService

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been having problems with my 09 cobalt starting. It just clicks then sometimes if I wait for the chimes to quit it will start. Sometimes I have the radio off and wait for the chimes to quit and then it started. I have charged the battery and had it tested all good. I cleaned the neg. terminal not luck. It is getting harder and harder in getting it to start. If I do get it started and I change the controls for the heat or air either one the passenger air bags flash and the car runs ruff. The washer button on the wiper also kills the car. Does anybody have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this and do you think its the BMC? Thanks.

Hey mascott67,

I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble getting your Cobalt to start, in addition to your vehicle riding roughly after changing some of the controls. Though you seem to be looking for feedback here on the forum, I would be more than happy to look into these concerns further and get in touch with your dealer. If you decide to see our assistance, please send us a private message including your VIN, mileage, full contact information, and the name of your preferred local dealership.

Best regards,

Shane M.
GM Customer Care

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup