Stereo issues. 2009 LS

Therees

Reaction score
Bought a brand new cobalt around a year ago. and without my knowledge of how painful it would become, i was okay with onstar being in it.

Im trying to put a new head unit in now and im just wondering if i really need the onstar wire harness? i grabbed a cheap one online with no frills but is there any reason i would need the onstar wires if i'm not subscribed to onstar?

thanks for your time.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For the 09 balts the door chimes run thru the stereo so you will lose those, oh and the turn signal click. But other than that I think everything else still works...oh minus Bluetooth.

Therees

Reaction score
yeah, thats what i was thinking, just wanted to make sure.

Anyone know of anything else that would be lost?

06balt

Reaction score
lol some idiot told me at best buy that it would fry my cars computer if i used a normal wireing harness, i havent tryed it yet but i think thats bull

newfiedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you also lose keyed power with the cheap harness, and retained accessory power use a busmann bp/hhh fusetap to fix the keyed power issue for the deck. Other than that the cheap harness works just fine.

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shit ur better off without onstar. its stupid that the 5 or whatever expensive harnesses that we've actually sold only one of them even had onstar activated.... i would say cheap harness and ur fine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup