Stock Stereo in 06 Cobalt not working

DavidM92

Reaction score
Hey. I'm new here.. having a simple problem. First, I'll give ya'll a picture into the mind of this cobalt:

We had a lot of problems with it when it was first given to us. When we first got it, the tail lights didn't work, so we took it to the dealer and had that fixed. Bad wiring to the MAP sensor. Fixed in a few days. Now not even a month later, the radio doesn't work. What I mean is - The time will work, it will even show that a disc is in and take a disc, but when we try to power the radio on, it doesn't do anything..

It's like maybe the power button to the radio is bad? I don't know. Any insight into this is MUCH appreciated!

PS: Tried replacing the fuse. Wasn't bad, apparently. When I replaced it, the time reset, but the problem persisted.

Thanks,

DavidM :rage:

DavidM92

Reaction score
It isn't a flood victim. For some reason, the radio came back on and is working again. But, I have a feeling it'll stop working again -- So, with that in mind, what would cause it to not work then suddenly work again? :shitsweak:

Edit: Actually, coem to find out -- It WAS in a flood.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
With a flood victim all bets are off, anything electrical that wasn't supposed to get wet is probably going to die at some point. Might want to replace the stereo with a new one. You can take it apart and clean everything with a nylon brush to get the corrosion off but that might not help much.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie