Subs assistance please

Jayy

Reaction score
Okay so I just got a 06 cobalt, its stock as they come no sunroof no power windows 2 door. I'm just trying to get a ballpark on how much I'll have to spend to get everything I need for a nice setup and how difficult the installation would be start to finish ive been reading on the forum but seems everybody has there way they do it. Idk what size i should do or if I should make a box, should I just go to best buy will they know how to do it all?

I have nothing so far so I'll need the subs amp stereo wiring everything

Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As you say, everyone has their way of doing it. The reason for that is because not everyone wants the same outcome. Some want epic loudness, others want to save space and just want a little more bass.

So you have to decide for yourself what you want to get out of your setup before you can determine the components.

Jayy

Reaction score
Thank you for replying I got a set picked out on Crutchfield. You think best buy people will hook it up right or should I do it with a friend, and a new problem when trying to unlock the driver side door the key wont turn anybody know why that is its very inconvenient

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you think you can figure it out with the help of a friend that's done it before I'd say do that. Otherwise a stereo installation place might be a better place to take it.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could just be a badly cut key. I've had duplicates that won't open the door before. Have you tried another key?

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Certainly possible. Some white lithium grease on your lock components will smooth things out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson