supercharged cobalt or turbo charged cobalt

tediz cobalt

Reaction score
new to the forum and i have cobalt ls and looking to upgrade. im looking to get a ss model and just wondering witch way is a better route. the turbo or the supercharger

sLAsh

Reaction score
Most will say the turbo because it is cheaper to add HP to. I bought the SC because I used to own a turboed MX6GT and wanted something different. Something about the whine of a supercharger just made it more fun for me.
You will be happy with either one just take your time looking for a clean one that wasnt beat on. It took me 6 months to find mine. Less than 25% of the ones I saw listed had a clean Carfax so be careful and have a mechanic look at it before you buy it.

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as I said in the other thread...

Overall, the 08+ SS's are a better starting platform. More/easier power from the get-go. Better Suspension. Better Braking. Better Seats. Smarter ECU.

You can get an 05-07 SS fairly cheaply and modify it to be better than an 08+. The 08+'s also have a few limiting factors, mostly dealing with the DI system.

It all really depends on your ultimate goals and intentions for the car.

tediz cobalt

Reaction score
thanks for the help i found an 06 chevy cobalt ss with low miles and a clean carfax

tediz cobalt

Reaction score
i picked the car up for book price on it(whitch was 13,500) and im a mechanic so i went through the car myself. right know its getting looked over by my bodyshop to look for any pryer damage. im looking to start putting a least together for mods for the spring. wheres a good place to start?

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow... that's a lot of money for an 06. Hopefully it had REALLY low miles.

And a good start for modification is to remove the factory S/C system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson