Suspension?...

Jhop16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kindof Suspension do the 2.4L Sports have??... I parked next to a 08 Basemodel at work the other day, and was looking at the cars from the building while i was outside smokeing... And it appears that the back end seems to sit lower than the basemodel but the front ends seem even...

do the Sport's have teh same suspension as the basemodel??

and why would the back end sit lower... lol??

it's almost has if the sport sat straight across adn the base model's butt was up in the air

Note: it has nothing to do with the Sport body kit, i was looking at the roof , trunk, hood level from far away

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
there are 4 diff supsension setups. the fe1 is base model, fe3 is ss/sport, fe5 is the ss/sc and then there is ss/tc - not sure what that rpo code is

Mindrot

Reaction score
Stock for the SS 2.4 or 2.4 Sport should be the wonderful FE3 Suspension

riko540

Reaction score
there are 4 diff supsension setups. the fe1 is base model, fe3 is ss/sport, fe5 is the ss/sc and then there is ss/tc - not sure what that rpo code is

The SS/TC is also the FE5 setup however as we all know its been redesigned. BTH I don't know the difference between the FE1 and FE3 setups. I mean the ride hight is almost identical between the two.

Has anyone else noticed that the 8th gen. base model civic actually sits lower then the SS/NA/Sport?

Last edited:

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FE1 and FE3 have identical ride heights. the 2.4's slightly larger wheels come into play with the illusion.

SS's (FE5) are lower by 10mm.

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
and also the 2.4 rear bumper does hang down a little bit lower than the LS bumper, which adds to this illusion

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie