Sway bar Questions..

Jhop16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm buying al new suspension this weekend, i Found an ST Front and Rear sway bar kit, F/R 22mm/19mm pretty much i have no idea what the sizes mean, is this going to be an upgrade for my 08 Sport?...

Also it states its made for a 05-07 cobalt , would that cause any problems since mine is 08?

also have a 1.6" Front 1.8" Back lowering springs that i'm about to order w/ the sway bar kit if its worth it

Last edited:

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes it is possible, all models all years can use the same although you may have to modify the bushings to work with them...i did for my ss/tc one
the ss/tc and ss/sc are 24mm in the front, not sure what the ss/sports are, but it wont be much of an upgrade for you, i would just get the ss/tc one, they arent too expensive, but make sure you get new endlinks with it!
as for the rear, i dont rem the specs on what i have (TTR) but pretty much anything will be an upgrade there :lol:

question is, how much do the ones you found cost you? cause i have seen some pretty high prices on stuff that you should be able to get for pretty cheap

camopaint0707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm getting the suspension technique bars from ttr both front and rear

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the progress sway rear sway bar with CA#1 springs and Koni rears. Ride is awesome with the combo

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have ss/tc front with endlinks. ttr rear, h&r sport springs, ss/tc struts and shocks, and a custom front strut bar and let me tell you...fucking go cart :lol: on rails :rofl:

OTTP does have nice ones for the rear, but to the op, i believe the suspension tech one is the same size as the stock you have, it may be a lil stiffer, but i dont think it will give you much improvement

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i have ss/tc front with endlinks. ttr rear, h&r sport springs, ss/tc struts and shocks, and a custom front strut bar and let me tell you...fucking go cart :lol: on rails :rofl:

OTTP does have nice ones for the rear, but to the op, i believe the suspension tech one is the same size as the stock you have, it may be a lil stiffer, but i dont think it will give you much improvement

Stock there is no swaybar (per say) There's a flex bar embedded in the rear axle itself which on FE3 systems is a 22mm bar. Adding a swaybar to the rear will be in addition to the flex bar, not a substitute for.

OP, that front swaybar is not going to be an upgrade unless it is made of a different material than the stock one as they are both 22mm.

I added a sticky in the suspension section to address most suspension and brake questions.

Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i would start there, sway bar wont be much help without lowering it

Actually a swaybar will help regardless of what springs you have, it serves a different purpose than lowering springs. A swaybars main use is to combat body roll. Where as springs are to change ride height and/or ride stiffness.

Most people start with springs however since changing ride stiffness inherently combats some body roll.

So evaluate your goals and take it from there, if you are planning on buying springs anyways get those first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais